The Federal Skilled Worker eligibility criteria has changed under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Please note that this does not apply to the province of Quebec. The changes will only affect those who applied on or after February 27, 2008.
If you have one year experience or more in one of these occupations listed below then your application may be eligible for priority 6 to 12 months processing.
Please note that there is a cap of 1000 applications to be processed in each category.
- Restaurant and Food Service Managers
- Primary Production Managers (Except Agriculture)
- Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management
- Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners
- Biologists and Related Scientists
- Specialist Physicians
- General Practitioners and Family Physicians
- Registered Nurses
- Medical Radiation Technologists
- Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Social Workers
- Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades
- Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades
- Electricians (Except Industrial & Power System)
- Industrial Electricians
- Welders & Related Machine Operators
- Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics
- Crane Operators
- Drillers & Blasters - Surface Mining, Quarrying & Construction
- Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service
If you have any questions regarding the Federal Skilled Worker Program or donít meet the criteria but would like to learn more about your options please contact us.
Welcome to Advantage Immigration Canada. We are a Canadian Immigration consultancy service for migrants from all over the world. Our primary goal is to provide migrants quality professional services and knowledgeable advice on immigration matters.
There are a few ways to apply for immigration to Canada. Advantage Immigration Canada can help you decide which program is best for you. We offer professional services in the following programs:
- Skilled Worker Immigration
- Provincial Nominee
- Business Class Immigration
- Family Sponsorships
Each application is reviewed by the President and CEO of Advantage Immigration Canada Ric dela Cruz, who is a fully accredited member of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC).
Try our Free Online Assessment so we can work together and help make your dreams become a reality.